Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Wow! Is it really July already?

I just can't believe it is July already. July means school is just around the corner and I am not sure any of us are ready for that! Well, except Miss Grace she thinks school should never be out for very long.

I have heard that fourth grade is a tough year, so I have decided to be proactive with Matt's school work. I picked up some flashcards and he has a whole shelf of books he hasn't read yet. Of course, Gracie and Aaron don't want to be left out, so they have some new flashcards and Aaron has some Pre-K workbooks I found. They also want to work on science and maybe some Social Studies. They have plenty of nature to study. I hope we can get into a routine of a little work in the morning and a little more in the afternoon with plenty of playing in between and some bedtime reading.

I am open to ideas and suggestions, so please leave me a note.

Yesterday was HOT! I think the temp crept up to the upper 90's. I brought home a slip and slide for the kids but we did not set it up until last night and just so the kids could be tortured the temp did not get above 70 (at least when I checked). What torture to have a new toy and not be able to use it because it wasn't warm enough to get doused by cold water. Hopefully, tomorrow.

1 comment:

Everything Natural Pet Food said...

Great blog with lots of family fun. I had fun reading your blog.