Friday, July 11, 2008

A Quiet Morning

It is very quiet here this morning, M is in Chicago visiting my sister, G spent the night at a friend's house, and A is still sleeping. Quietness does not seem to settle on this house very often and I am enjoying this.

I spoke with M this morning. He went to a Cubs' game yesterday afternoon and they are going on a picnic this evening on the beach near J&M's home. Chicago is a whole other world to a nine year old compared to rural America. He has plenty of questions for his aunt and uncle. Yesterday, it was "why are those men carrying purses?" He had never seen a 'man purse,' can't say that I have for that matter! I can't wait to talk with him again. I do know he found some good books at the library there. He is enjoying reading again, Yeah!

Have a great day!

No comments: