Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Family and Home

It was so good to spend the weekend with my sisters and mom. We had a great time. Celebrating my baby sister's 30th birthday made me realize how close to 40 I am getting with each passing year. I don't feel like I am getting older, other than Dave tells me I am falling apart, but I digress.

Our family has been through a lot this past year and us girls needed this weekend just to relax and laugh and enjoy each other. We had plenty of laughs and fun. The weekend started out great when I received a call on my way to KC. Jana finally got a job. She has been searching high and low for a year, but the job market in KC is tough right now. They weren't going to have her start until July, but she started this past Monday. We are praising God for answered prayer. He is so good and what a way to start the weekend.

Right now, it is so good to be home. Dave did not neglect my garden and it is growing by leaps and bounds. The chickens have grown and I think the kids did too! I missed my family and I know they missed me too, we have woken up the last three mornings to two pint-sized people in our bed!

Well, back to work I go. Have a great day!

No comments: