Thursday, April 24, 2008

Lucky Me

We just discovered this week that I am lactose intolerant and Dave and Dad say I should also stay away from gluten. I took a couple of days off from milk products over the weekend and then reintroduced it Tuesday night with pizza! We now know for sure that I should not be ingesting anything containing milk and flour. I got so sick, I was still sick on Wednesday. I almost cried when I went down the dairy aisle at H&R. Maybe it has more to do with the fact that I am going to need to cook two meals for dinner some nights so I don't deprive my family of the food they love than it does to the fact that I love milk and can't have it!

My new mission in life is to learn to cook and bake gluten and dairy free. I hope to learn how to change some recipes so that our whole family can enjoy them. I know there is plenty out there that does not include either of the aforementioned products but since I realized I have to be careful, all I want is Mexican - specifically enchiladas!!

If you have any ideas please share them with me. Missy, I know you do. You can leave a comment or email me at 3gordons@gmail.com.

Thanks for checking in on us. This weekend I hope to post some of the big fish recently caught by the men in the family.

Have a blessed day!

No comments: