Saturday, May 30, 2009

It is that time of year!!

It is the time of year when baseball takes over our lives. Last night was the first game for our family. This is Dave's last year playing baseball, so I hope to be at as many of his games as I can. Last night he was the catcher for the first six innings and pitched the seventh inning. Their team won 14-4. I was glad it was not a full 9 innings because we were not prepared enough for the cool night. Dave's first time up to bat was a homerun! Matthew got to keep the ball, so he is very excited. I hope this is a great year for the team. This next week Matt has games on Tuesday and Thursday. Gracie has a game on Wednesday. And Dave has a game on Friday! 'Tis the season!!

Dave plays for the Clearfield Sandburs in South Dakota. This is a team he has played for off and on since college. They are a good group of guys. Last night was the first time I went to their home field. You may not think very highly of me after this confession, but there is a reason for this. Clearfield is literally a baseball field in the middle of pastures. There is not a house in sight. It is actually pretty neat to hear cows mooing in the middle of a game, but the lack of bathrooms is another issue. My sons wouldn't even visit the outhouses!! This is the main reason I have never been to a game and probably will not be at another home game. There is nothing to do for a 5year old who refuses to use the outhouse and needs to "go number 2!"

No comments: